lunedì 28 marzo 2011

Three years ago, in these last March days ...

... I was in Liverpool partecipating to the U.K. Classical Association Annual Conference 2008, which took place there on the occasion of the nomination of Liverpool as European Capital of Culture (ECoC) 2008.

It has been there - at the University of Liverpool  in the period March 27th-30th - that the two posters with my astronomical interpretation of the miths of the phoenix and of the unicorn have been exibited for the first time. That's why since then I began to call them in my writings "the Liverpool posters".
I would like also to state here that some days before going to Liverpool I deposited copies of the posters in the British Library of London.

Other copies of the posters are kept in Berlin, at the Dept. of Philology of the Humboldt-Universitaet, where at the end of August 2009 - on the occasion of the F.I.E.C. (Federation International des Associations d'Etudes Classiques) Kongress - I presented a paper with the title "Phoenix and Monokeros were allegories of Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions". That's why I sometime call the posters also "Liverpool-Berlin posters".

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento